Sunday, October 17, 2010

Imperial Palace

Dinner with the family. This place is pretty popular in flushing. Every time I pass by, there's always a crowd of people waiting in the front. I think I waited about 30 mins that day before we were seated.


Warning: I don't know the exact name of some of the dishes. I ordered my usual dishes and my siblings ordered the rest.


Sis ordered this soup. I'm not really sure what was in it. H would probably know but I'm too lazy to go ask him. From what I remember, I didn't really like it. Not my kind of soup. I think it's some sort of seafood...


I think this is cold jelly. It's a pretty popular dish for Asian people. I've never been a big fan though so I didn't eat this. The plate was empty at the end of the meal so I'm guessing they liked it.


Yea, I'm not really sure what this was. Sis ordered this one too. I ate a piece and I didn't really care for it. It was as bit chewy and tasteless for me..

Beef Chow Fun - $8.50

I was craving this for some reason so I asked my bro to ordered it. I guess he forgot to tell them to make it dry. It didn't come out the way I like it. A bit too wet for me. The taste was also okay. I've had better.


There's usually a veggie dish when I eat out with my family. I'm not really sure what kind of vegetable this is (ya, it doesn't seem like I know much right?). Even though I don't know what it is, I can tell you that I liked it though. It's your typical Chinese style veggie. I should really order more greens when I eat out...


Ahh, my fish...This was good as usual. The outside was nice and crisp. The inside tender and the overall flavor was good. Sorry, but I forgot what the name of this dish is (in this restaurant). I think it's some sort of fried fish fillet.

Peking Style Pork Chops - $11.50

This is also another favorite of mine. Although, I gotta say that I was a tad disappointed with this dish. The pork chops had quite a good amount of fat in them. I'm not crazy about that. I still think Canton Gourmet makes these the best. Their fried fish fillet is good too.


Steamed Dungeness Crab over rice. I think this is the most popular dish here. Every table had one order of this. I personally don't care for it. It's not because it's not good but mainly because eating crabs is just too much damn work (and messy!). I took a piece thinking I would have the energy to break the shell but after looking at it on my plate, I picked it up and placed it on my brother's plate. It just wasn't worth it.

Anyway, so food was decent this time. The prices are a tad higher than your typical Chinese restaurant but the portions are slightly bigger so I guess it's good if you're eating with several people.

Oh, and this place has a picture menu which is awesome.

Imperial Palace
136-13 37th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354