Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mexicue Truck

So I went to the Tribeca area for a doctor's appointment during lunch and happened to pass by this food truck. For some reason, it really caught my eye. I think it was a combination of the bright color, fairly new truck and what I thought said "Mexican" on it. I love me some Mexican food! Anyways, I decided to try it out.


I was really confused when I ordered the food. They didn't have that many items on their menu but I just couldn't decide what to get. Should I stick to my usual and get a chicken item? Should I try the beef items? No.... I ended up getting a Chorizo Taco. Not sure why I got that...I didn't even know what a chorizo was. I kinda thought it was sausage but I wasn't 100% sure. Took a risk...

Chorizo Taco - $4

So this was interesting. I can tell you this definitely had a distinct/slightly strong smell. I smelled it the whole way back to my office. It wasn't a good smell imo.

As for the taste, it was decent. Better than I expected actually. I'm trying to think how I would describe it and I can't really think of anything...I do remember it being tad spicy though. That was a nice surprise. In the end, I ate it all. But would I get it again? Probably not.

So...while I was eating, I was checking out their website, their menu and some reviews. After I was done, I got mad at myself for ordering that chorizo. I really wanted another chance to try their other menu items...and as it turned out, they sometimes park near my work place !

And that day was today! 

I got two items this time...a pulled pork slider and a grilled chicken slider.

Pulled Pork Slider & Grilled Chicken Slider - $3 each

This was good for me. It was sweet but not overly sweet. The pork was tender and moist. I think it had a tad of spice in it too. My only complaint was the bread. They didn't do anything special with it. They just took it out of the bag and placed the meats on it. It was kinda cold and tasted kinda stale.


This was good too. Not super good but good. The chicken didn't have that much flavor but it was tender. They put salsa verde sauce (green sauce) on it and that was good! It made it pretty spicy. 

So I'm definitely going to go back when they are in my area again. I think I'll get the pulled pork slider again and then try something else. Stay tuned!

Mexicue Truck
www.mexicueny.com