Sunday, October 3, 2010

Breakfast on a Sunday morning

I think it's been like 6+ months since I made breakfast at home. Since I woke up kinda early (10:30), I decided to make congee and eggs. Actually, here's the real reason I cooked the below dish today. I went to my mom's last week and saw my brother eating these eggs. He ate the last serving of it and I was slightly sadden when I saw the empty bowl. Okay, I was a little more than slightly sad. I've been thinking about these eggs since...

So just to warn you guys, these aren't your typical fried eggs. The ingredients are somewhat different. H didn't know I was making them and when he saw it on the table, he was like "crap". :) You can say, this is not his favorite eggs.


So, this is my salted soy beans & ginger fried eggs. It's not as bad as it sounds. The soy beans isn't as salty as you think either. I put sugar in it so it tones down the saltiness.



I messed up on the congee a little. It got a bit mushy. I guess I overcooked it. It was still edible though! For me at least ;) H wasn't too crazy about it.


So this was a really yummy breakfast for me. I ate the leftovers for a late lunch/early dinner too. Too bad I can't say the same for H. He came prepared to the table by bringing his preserved tofu and shredded pork ;)