Saturday, October 2, 2010

Baluchi's

Finally, a post on my favorite Indian restaurant. Now, the reviews for this place is mixed. I know some people who love it and some people who think it's alright. I for one, love it! I mean, I've had bad experiences with this place but I've had more good than bad ones. I always order the same dishes so I can only vouch for those. Maybe they suck at other dishes and that's why people don't like it? Either way, here are the pics!


The 50% lunch special is the best thing...the place is kinda expensive without it. I took the prices off the website. It should be similar if not the same as the ones in the restaurant. Prices below are before the 50% discount.

Mango Lassi - $4

H's drink. I'm not a big fan of Mango Lassi but H likes it.

Vegetable Samosas - $6.95

These two pics were taken on two different trips. I do find that sometimes the food isn't always consistent. You can see the difference between the samosas above. But like I said earlier, I have had more good experiences than bad ones!

So when the samosas are good, they are good! It has good flavor and the red and green chutney goes great with it.

Garlic Nan - $3.95

I love their nan too. It comes warm and the garlic/butter on it is just delicious.

Chicken Biryani - $13.95
Another yummy dish. The biryani is moist but not wet. Just good flavor overall.

Chicken Vindaloo - $13.95
And the main course...this is the main reason I go here. The vindaloo is spicy yet still flavorful. The chicken is white meat and if you cut it up into pieces, it absorbs the vindaloo favor really well. I love it.

Shrimp Vindaloo - $14.95
We like vindaloo so much, we always get another one. H's shrimp vindaloo. I'm usually focus on my chicken vindaloo so I don't really pay this one much attention. H eats all of it though (at least all the shrimp).


And that's how I eat my nan and vindaloo. I think I need to visit this place again soon...

Baluchi's
113-30 Queens Blvd at 76th Road
Queens, NY 11375
www.baluchis.com