Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Masker Orchards - Apple Picking

Out on an apple picking adventure with family....what did I end up doing though? I mostly sat on the picnic blanket and ate. I was too lazy to pick any apples. I did play tag with the kids though!

Anyways, here are some pics.


If you go and plan on having a picnic, you gotta bring your own food. Or else, you'll have to settle for the hot dog stand and this place here. I got myself a hot dog so I didn't really look to see what was here. My sis got these though...

 

I believe these are apple cider donuts. To tell you the truth, I had no idea what it was. They tasted like regular donuts to me. I'm only guessing these are apple cider donuts based on the big sign in front of that refreshments place. The donut wasn't too bad. I remember it being sweet. Not overly sweet though.


Here's a pic of the orchard. We had a really good spot. We were at the end of the line of trees so we kinda had the place to ourselves. It was a nice spot for our picnic.


Apples! So glad sis brought this apple slicer thingy. It was great! If you did it right, it would slice the apples in pieces without any of the crap (seeds) from the inside.You gotta be strong to use it though. I had to get someone to do it for me every time...I think I'm just not doing it right.

As for the apple itself, it was pretty good. It was sweet and a tad sour. Very crisp.


And last but not least, our salt/hot pepper concoction! This is the best part of eating apples. The salt/pepper adds a great kick. All you non-asians out there, don't judge! It's yummy!

Masker Orchards
45 Ball Road
Warwick, NY 10990
www.maskers.com