Friday, August 27, 2010

La Piazzetta Ristorante


I took this pic after dinner and you can say that I wasn't all there. I tried to take a closer shot but it kept coming out fuzzy. I must have been on the wrong setting.


The first batch of bread was warm and nice. The second batch we got was a different type of bread and it wasn't warm.


The spread that came with bread. I think someone said it was some sort of veggie spread. It tasted alright. I think it didn't have too much flavor but it was good enough for me to keep spreading it on the bread.

Pinot Noir - $28

I was feeling wine so this was good for me. (Now you understand why I couldn't take the outside pic right)

Bresaola - Thinly Sliced Air-dried beef with organic greens, truffle oil and shaved parmigiano - $10
This was our appetizer. It was decent. I remember it having some kind of aftertaste to it. But I think it was just your typical meat taste. It kinda reminded me of some sort of cold cut. I think my friends liked it. Oh, and it went pretty well with the bread and spread.

Gnocchi Alla Piazzetta - Home made potato pasta stuffed with prosciutto, spinach and mozzerella - $12

I wanted to order something relatively safe so I got this dish ;) It's a pretty plain dish but it was pretty good. After a few bites, I kinda got sick of it. But I get like that with almost all pasta dishes.

Lamb Chops
Here's my friend's dish. I think she liked it very much. I usually hate lamb because of the aftertaste but this one wasn't too bad. The meat was tender and there was only a hint of that aftertaste.


I can't remember who got this and I forgot the name of it. It's some sort of steak ;) Looking at this pic, I can't believe I actually took a bite of it (At least, I think I did). My god, I can see the pink so clearly now. The wine and the fact that it was dark in the restaurant tainted my judgment. However, I think my friend liked it. The potatoes and veggies that came with this though was really good. I basically ate all of it.


This was the other steak dish. I think I tried this too. Not sure what I was thinking. Damn the low lighting! At least my friend liked it.

Overall, not a bad place. The service was nice and the environment was cozy. Real Italian is not really favorite thing so I would go back if my friends wanted to go but I wouldn't care to go on my own.

La Piazzetta Ristorante
442 Graham Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
718-349-1627

www.lapiazzettany.com