Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ayada

This place has gotten pretty good reviews. My friend loves this place and I even saw a review on the Neighborhood Eats segment on Eyewitness News. I gotta say, I was not disappointed.


Thai Iced Tea - $2.50
Of course, Iced Tea for H.

Coconut Juice - $2.50
Coconut juice for my friend. She said it tasted like fresh coconut juice (maybe it is?).

Small Tom Yum Soup - $4.50

I really liked this. It had good flavor and the spice was just right. The mushrooms were yummy. I think I finally have an appreciation for mushrooms. The only bad thing about this soup is that it is a bit on the salty side.

Chicken Satay - $7
This was okay. The chicken was not grilled enough for my taste. It was a little bland also. The peanut sauce was okay too.

Fried Chicken Wings - $5
This was decent also. The chicken was a bit big but it had decent flavor and was crispy. This was definitely edible but I don't think I would order it again.

Fried Calamari - $7

This was good. I don't remember it being overly fried and the squid wasn't too chewy. The sauce that came with it was alright though. I still need to find a place that has that sauce I like!

Drunken Noodle with Tofu - $8

Ah, my fav thai dish. The one thing that I always get. This was pretty good. The sauce was mixed properly and it was spicy. The one thing I noticed is that they give you a very little amount of noodle and lots of veggies. I always feel kinda unsatisfied after eating this. Ah well, I guess that's a good thing so I don't overeat ;)

Basil Frog Leg - $10

H's dish. He said it was good. I'm not a big fan of exotic dishes so I wasn't too crazy about this. The pictures look good though.

Fried Banana with Ice Cream
Yummy ;)


I wasn't too crazy about the ice cream that came with it. I think it had some sort of jelly in it. I forgot what the flavor of the ice cream was but it wasn't your typical flavors. My friend liked it though.


I liked this ;) The outside was crisp and the inside was nice and warm.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place. I kinda wanna go back right now just to eat the fried banana dessert.

Ayada
77-08 Woodside Avenue
Elmhurst, NY 11373
718-424-0844