Friday, August 6, 2010

Cappy's Chowder House

After walking almost a mile to a lighthouse, I was ready for my lunch. Here's where we went.


Cappy's Root Beer - $2.49
Look, they serve their drinks in mason jars!


Cappy's Famous Clam Chowder - Large Mug - $8.99
This tasted pretty good. But again, I'm not an experienced chowda eater so I don't have much to compare to. Hang was surprised that I actually liked this one because he said it tasted kinda "clamy". He liked it though. Oh, that biscuit on the side was pretty good. It was warm and it went well with the chowder.

Some sort of lobster Chowda of the Day

Here is H's soup/chowda. He liked this also. I don't remember how it tasted since I only had one spoonful. The coloring of it looks good though right?

Maine Shrimp Quesadilla - $10.99

This was pretty good. I've never had shrimp quesadilla so this was different. It was good but nothing special really. I was only able to eat one slice. It really filled me up.

The Best Calamari - $9.99

H said this was really fresh. I thought it was good too. It wasn't chewy like some of the calamari out there. That sauce was different too. Not your typical marinara sauce. It was more like spicy honey mustard. Not bad.

Curly Fries - $2.99
I've been craving fries since that day of the festival so I got these. It was just your typical curly fries. It was pretty crispy and I usually like my curly fries soft so it wasn't the best I've had ;)


We couldn't finish our food so H took the quesadilla home. Look at what they put our leftovers in! I've never had an aluminum foil swan before. It was a nice surprise ;)


Cappy's Chowder House
1 Main Street
Camden, ME 04843-1703
(207) 236-2254

www.cappyschowder.com