Saturday, June 5, 2010

Judge Bean's Bar-B-Que

So my trip to Tennessee was alright. It was nice to see what Nashville was like. I wish I knew what restaurants/places to visit. I based all my restaurant choices off Yelp and I don't know what it was but none of the restaurants I chose was any good. Our friends picked out two restaurants and they had much better luck. I wonder how they found these places.

Anyway, here's where we ate the first night. Our friends picked this place.



Okay - I gotta say one thing about Nashville. The restaurants closes way too early! H tried to go to Subway around 6 something and it was already closed! We got to this place around 9ish and they told us that we only had a few minutes to order because the kitchen was closing. It turns out that they decide when to start closing up. I guess if it's busy, they keep the place open.


We took about 5 mins to order. Since H and I weren't really hungry, we didn't have to look at  the menu too much.

The Judge's Shrimp Diablo - 3 for $10

The description on the menu was: Jalapeno pepper stuffed with smoked shrimp or chicken with cheese & wrapped in bacon. We got this without the bacon (friend doesn't eat meat). I kinda don't remember how it taste but I do remember it being alright. It certainly wasn't worth $10 for three. That's some expensive shrimp!

Cheese Quesadilla - $10

I liked this even though there wasn't any meat in it. It had good flavor and it was nice and warm.

Smoked Hot Wings - 12 for $11

Now, this was some spicy wings! I wasn't expected it at all. I liked this but was only able to eat a couple of them (because I was full). These would have been awesome if it was smaller and a bit crisper.

Catfish Tacos - 3 tacos for $9.50

This was yummy as well. The fish was slightly fried and there was some hot sauce that made it better. Hot sauce makes everything better!

So the good news is that I liked this place. The bad news is that this was the best place out of all the places I ate at =/ Ah well, better luck next time I guess!

Judge Bean's Bar-B-Que
7022 Church Street E.
Brentwood, TN 37027

www.judgebeans.com