Monday, May 24, 2010

5 Burro Cafe

So I finally was able to try out this place. I decided to go today despite all the bad reviews I read about their service.

H and I got there around 4ish and it was pretty quiet. We sat right in front next to the window. The service was not bad at all. They were pretty friendly and served us chips and salsa right away. Even though it wasn't crowded, it was somewhat noisy. I could imagine how loud/hectic the place could get once the dinner/drinking crowd comes in. Anyway, here's the pics.


I never noticed the horses on the awning until now. Notice the name of each borough on the behind of each horse?


H's coke came in this bottle. It reminds me of cheeburger cheeburger. It's cute.


H liked the salsa. He said it tasted fresh and I kinda agree. The chips came in a basket that didn't have a sheet of paper/tissue under the chips. Didn't really like that but it wasn't a big deal.

3 Chicken Enchiladas - $14

This was my dish. I initially wanted to get a ground beef filling but I decided on chicken.  I wasn't too happy with my meal. I was kinda disappointed once I saw it. When I think about enchiladas, I always think about the Tortillas covered with cheese. I'm not sure if this was the "authentic" way of making this but I didn't care for it. The red sauce on top didn't add much to it. The chicken itself was okay. A little dry. The rice and beans were okay too.

3 Tacos - 2 steak and 1 lobster filling - $14 + $2 for the lobster filling

This was H's dish and he liked it. They gave him a good amount of meat and he was happy about that. He liked the lobster the best because it was grilled. He ate most of it except for the beans and the tortillas.

Overall, even though I was fairly disappointed, I would go back again. I'll definitely try a different entree though.

7205 Austin Street
Forest Hills, NY 11375-5354
www.5burrocafe.com