Monday, April 12, 2010

Huong Viet - Falls Church, VA

Second meal (dinner) of the trip. Went to Eden Center again and I saw a group of people outside of this one so we decided to eat there.


Rainbow Drink - $3.50

Eh - not the beat rainbow ice ever. It was somewhat watery and it just didn't seem very fresh. They didn't have those big straws so I had to use my spoon to "drink" it.


TsingTao Beer
Parents and bro got this.

Salted Fried Squid With Chilli - $12.95

I guess when they name part of a dish "salted", they really mean salted. I wanted some fried squid and this was the only dish that came close. The squid wasn't too bad but it was definitely on the salty side. My mom didn't like it and I'm thinking it was because it was a big chewy. I ate a good amount of this even though I probably shouldn't have.

Drunken Noodle - $11.95

Not sure why I ordered this. I must have spent at least 5 minutes looking at the menu and nothing stood out. The waiter had already came by two times so feeling the pressure, I picked this dish. It was alright. It didn't taste anything like the thai drunken version. The sauce was a bit watery and it was also kinda salty.
  
Stir-fried Chinese Broccoli With Shitake Mushrooms - $10.95

Bro ordered this one. I liked the veggie but again, it was on the salty side. I guess the chef must really love salty dishes!

Another disappointing meal...

Huong Viet
6785 Wilson Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22044