Sunday, July 25, 2010

Szechuan Gourmet

My favorite szechuan place....I need to go here soon...

Braised Fish Filet w. Napa & Roasted Chili - $14.95

Ah yes, the fish dish...H's fav dish. Fish filets in a spicy hot oil. I think the main reason I like this dish is because the fish doesn't taste fishy and of course b/c it's spicy! Well, it used to be very spicy when we first started eating here but now it's tolerable. And don't let the hot oil scare you. It's not as oily as you think.

Chef's Ma Paul Tofu w. Chili Minced Pork - $8.95

I used to hate Ma Pao Tofu b/c was was bland and simply because it was tofu. I used to hate it until I came across this restaurant! The chili and minced pork mix is just yummy. It's spicy and the minced pork is cooked really well. It just goes well with the tofu. Just look at the coloring of the dish. I think it says it all.

Stir Fry Kung Kang

We were trying to be healthy and wanted a veggie dish so we got this. It's a pretty simple dish so it wasn't bad at all.

Szechuan Gourmet
135-15 37th Ave
Flushing, NY 11354

http://www.szechuangourmetnyc.com/