Monday, May 17, 2010

Don Pancho

Took a trip out to Williamsburg and ended up eating at the following Mexican restaurant with friends.


We didn't have a particular restaurant in mind and so we randomly picked one out from Yelp.  I suggested Mexican because I saw a recent blog on 5 Burro Cafe and was also craving some tijuana flats.


These came while we were looking at the menu. It's your standard salsa and chips.

 Guacamole - $2.95

I liked this. I would have been nice if it had a hint of spice.

Beef Nachos - $7.95

We ordered this as our appetizer. It had ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos and sour cream on top. I thought this dish was okay. I've definitely had better beef nachos. I thought it was a little on the bland side and I'm not a big fan of sour cream. But having said that, I did stuff my face with these nachos so....

Jarritos mexican soda (Lime) - $1.50

This was my drink. I liked it. It came cold and was refreshing.

Bandeja Paisa - $12.95

This was my friend's dish. It's grilled steak, chicharron, rice, beans, and eggs, avocado, spinach tortilla and sweet plantains. I'm not sure if she liked it. She finished the eggs and the plantains but I don't think she ate much of the rest.

Carne a La Parrilla - $10.95

Two of my friends got this dish. It's grilled steak, served with rice and beans. According to both of them, the steak was a bit hard. I guess this dish wasn't that good either.

Supreme Enchiladas (Chicken) - $7.95

This was my dish. It wasn't too bad. It fulfilled my Mexican craving although I should have gotten ground beef instead of chicken. The cheese on the tortilla was good. And it was much better with the below sauce. I think it's called the green sauce. It's yummy and pretty spicy ;)



Overall, it was a decent meal. At least it was for me. I'm not sure if my friends felt the same way though. I wouldn't find going back here and trying something else.

Don Pancho
492 Grand St
Brooklyn NY 11211