Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Buffalo Wings

When I saw how easy it was for my brother-in-law to make Buffalo wings, I decided to put it on my list of things to "cook".

Here are pics of my first try:



Here are the baked wings before I tossed them in the sauce. To prep these wings, I added black pepper, salt and some garlic powder and left them "marinating" overnight. To my surprise, it actually took a long time to get these wings baked. I think I had these in the oven (@425 to 450 degrees ) for 75 mins. I think it was around that much time. At the end, I boiled each side for about 3 mins to make them a bit crisper.

Here's the sauce that I used to make it.



When I was in the supermarket, I couldn't decide on using this one or using their "buffalo flavor sauce". I ended up deciding to use this one because I remember my bro-in-law using this. I figured that I can use the buffalo sauce the next time I have wings.

So to make the sauce, I melted about 1/4 cup (4 TBs) of butter, added about a bowl of hot sauce and mixed thoroughly.

Once the wings baked, I put them in a big bowl and poured the sauce into it. After tossing it for a min, I got the following:




I think it turned out pretty decent for my first time. I guess it's really something you can't mess up. One thing I realized right away was that I might have added too much butter. I don't think it was necessary to put a whole 1/4 cup in.

The wings tasted alright. Typical buffalo wings I guess. It was pretty spicy. T thought it was a bit sour though. I guess I might have drenched it in too much sauce?

The next time I make wings, I'm gonna try to make a spicy bbq wings. I gotta find the right bbq sauce and hot sauce to combine. I guess I'll experiment further and post!

**BTW, I compressed these photos a lot. Can you guys tell? I'm wondering if I made the pic quality bad. If it looks bad, it might be because of the original photo. I wasn't too crazy about the way the pics came out. Again, I had to use flash and I think when I did, the pics got "altered".  I think I just need better lighting in my house.