Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nusara Thai Kitchen

After reading some tweets about thai food when I got back to NYC...I couldn't help myself and went here...



H's Iced Tea.

Thai Iced Tea - $2.50

This tea was missing a little bit more sweetness.

 H told me to order everything so here's what I got ;)

 Crispy Calamari - $5.95
Served with sweet chili sauce

This one was a bit disappointing. Not much flavor and there was too much batter I thought.

Golden Curry Puff - $4.95
Ground chicken, potatoes and onions wrapped in a pastry puff, served with cucumber salad 


 This was okay too. A bit tasteless. I didn't taste much of the curry.

 Small Shrimp Tom Yum - $4.50
Shrimp with lemongrass, lime juice, & chili in a spicy herb broth

This was good. It had lots of flavor. My only complaint is that it was a bit salty. H liked this.

Grilled Beef - $7.95
Beef marinated in thai herbs, served with spicy sauce

I liked this one. The meat had some flavor and it was fully cooked! H didn't like it for the very same reason. He thought it was too cook and dry. That "spicy sauce" wasn't spicy at all.

Tofu Pad Kee Mao - $7.25
Sauteed flat noodle with chili, basil, and garlic

And here's what I always look forward to in a thai place. I liked this. It was flavorful and the sauce was somewhat distributed evenly. It wasn't that spicy though even though I asked for spicy.

I love the spice tray that they give you at thai restaurants. I esp like the red chili powder type thing.


Nusara Thai Kitchen 82-80 Broadway
Elmhurst, NY 11373
 
www.nusarathaikitchen.com